NEW HOME PAGE FOR ALL OF SEAMUS A's CREATIVE PROJECTS - aRoomForImprovement.com

18 September 2009

TermThree WeekOne

Back in college. Walking around looking at sculptures making our blunt opinion on them, pouring plaster moulds and spot welding... These pictures are worth several thousand words







I enjoyed the 3D workshops (to be followed in the coming weeks by a set of 4D and 2D workshops) more than I thought I would. I rather like the possibilties of using plaster for the moulding and carving of props for video and performance. My work, in the end, was all quite literal and descriptive compared to the work of some of my classmates who, in particular in metal, were immediately drawn to more formal concerns of physical and aesthetic balance. That's why I would still see 3D in general being very much on the periphery of any work I do and why I won't be choosing 3D as my line of study in a few weeks when we "present our findings" so to speak and then choose between one of the three areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment