NEW HOME PAGE FOR ALL OF SEAMUS A's CREATIVE PROJECTS - aRoomForImprovement.com

10 June 2009

this week, i will mostly be doing...

performance art.

I've just been in to the Back Loft to sort the set up for La Cat Salon.
Also Performing
Icarus Crane (video & performance artist - live)
Riona Hartman (musician)
Julien Longchamp and Kim Porcelli (projections and live cello)
Hillary Williams (performance artist)
Julyo and the Photosonic Orchestra (electronic music)

Promises to be something different.
People seemed nice and were certainly helpful - so I'm ready to prance about a bit for them - no charge.
Here is the preview of the piece I'll be doing


On Saturday at the same venue, I'll be doing a sound piece against a video projection at Arty Party

Other Artists include but are not limited to
Stephen James Smith (Spoken)
Kevin Nolan (Spoken)
A Room for Improvement (Live visual performance)
Hugh Cooney (Performance)
Conor Foy Andreas Scholtz
Turf Boon (Brooklyn based artist showing new work)
Ruth Power
Fiona Carey
Helena Doyle?
Loki Bee
Carolyn Walshe
Anna Adrians
Barry Quinn
Fiona Spiers
Wendy Stephens
Mia Marshmallow
Music from Knockanstockan Musicians:
Marcas Carcas
James Guilmartin
Steve from Bojangled
Peter Space Invasion
Bo Sean Ford Owen

So, heaps going on there!

Stephen James Smith is rather good. I've seen him a few times last year. Don't always know what he's saying but he's loud and moves a lot. Holds my attention.
I look forward to seeing new work by Turf Boon too. I've just seen the one video that I'm aware of, but it was lovely so it was! Don't know much about the other artists although I believe I've seen Loki Bee's stickers gracing toilet cisterns and pub walls. Quite striking. Of course thanks and praise are due to Miss Mallow for all her work putting these parties of art together and providing almost edible lighting to the masses.
Here's a portion of what I'll be doing on the night.


The last few days I've spent working on a set of live visuals to compliment the turn table stylings of one Mongoman Steve - also known as Steve - which I'll be performing and developing over next few Sundays at Thomas House between eight and twelve.

No comments:

Post a Comment