NEW HOME PAGE FOR ALL OF SEAMUS A's CREATIVE PROJECTS - aRoomForImprovement.com

16 July 2009

Just a little procrastination is all

Been procrastinating like a pro the last few days from doing as much work as I should on my drawings. Been making sounds out of words. Actually, since that work is the other part of the show that I'm doing in August, I guess I have been working after all. Nice. I've also changed the look of this blog from Black and Boxy to Open and White. A change is as good as a break eh?

This Sunday, I'm going to do the first full live set of Icarus Crane spoken word with live electronic processing at Bray Summer Festival in the Arts Arena on a day of events MC'd and organised by Rose Lawless, who I'd only vaguely heard of until a few days ago but who I've enjoyed checking out on her site here. So that should be a fun day. I'm also going to bring along a few videos in case there's time that needs filling in, so we'll see what happens with that.

In other news, my entry to the Hilltown New Music festival was rejected but I guess it's just aswell since it was on this weekend too and I'd rather go perform than install. That does look like a good festival though and I'll probably spend some time making a better piece for it for next year. (I went to the site of the festival and took footage and sound samples which I edited together in a day - bit of a longshot)
In other news of rejection, my entry for the RDS student art awards was also rejected rejected rejected. Bitter? Yup, bit him too!
Nah, not bitter - especially when I saw yesterday that my classmate Tanya Harney had been accepted to the show. I hope she wins the 10,000 euro award and buys pints for the class on our return to college. I'm assuming she entered the video she made for the end of year show in May - it was really beautifully made and a lovely idea to start with, so good on her!

When I get round to it, I'll edit this post with the inclusion of the piece I made for Hilltown. Not right now though.

No comments:

Post a Comment